I Try To Find The Funny & Sunny Side of Life💖


https://www.flickr.com/photos/dleonardisisco/49027673826/

Washing floors, and doing dishes and laundry, are not my favorite things to do.  So, I do these things while watching videos.  Sometimes the actors are placed directly in front of a painting, or some kind of artwork, just so, and that makes me crack up laughing.  This week it was "General Hospital", and actor Ingo Rademache's character, Jasper "Jax" Jacks, was standing right next to an image of a bird.  I laughed for a couple of minutes, and then I took a screenshot.  Finding the funny things in life can turn around an uncomfortable, and grueling, task ridden day.  Whenever I have this type of bad day, I remember my teachers, and how they had different techniques to make learning, and school, more tolerable.  One of my teachers had, previously, taught at Harvard University.  There, he had cultivated his teaching skills, and his comedic timing.  That, and his knack of breaking down the most complex pieces of reading material, and making that subject matter more understandable, made learning about tough medical stuff - fun.  Upon first entering his classroom, I was greeted at the door of the classroom, by a skeleton wearing a suit, a tie, a hat, and shoes.  As my time at that school progressed, I would find that a male skeleton looked just as good in a dress, as a female skeleton.  That particular skeleton had a variety of outfits, and that teacher had more jokes than a Vegas comedian.  The other students, and I, got into the fun, and even though there was a high bar set from the beginning of that school year, we all rose to the occasion.  Medical students have various talents (all people do really) and so, there would be music, and some sort of artistic flare added to those class/lab rooms, each and every day.  Pretty soon, it was clear what talents each one of us had, and we exploited them.  Some students made the best dishes, from their favorite recipes, and then they would bring in samples for all to try.  There were funny things written on the chalkboard, and whiteboard (dry-erase board) , and one of the students reminded me of a young Johnny Carson, because his impersonation of Johnny was spot on, and he kind of looked like him.  All of this sharing, and quasi-controlled jocularity, when laughing at jokes, had a way of bringing the class together.  We all learned to relax, by doing the things that we would be doing anyway - to help us relax.  By the time we, as a class, had to separate and apply our skills, individually, in clinics & in hospitals (because of the incorporated hands-on training program part at the end), we were confident.  I realized that we were all more than just students, and teachers, at that school, we were all just people.  And, because of that one teacher, I was more at ease with other people - who were more than just patients, doctors, and nurses.  I didn't know it at the time, but I was making it a habit to be positive & lighthearted, and both were necessary habits that I  would use as tools of the trade - while working.⚕ 🏥 🩺👩‍⚕️