A Cautionary Tale



 It was the night before my wedding day, and I had decided to put on some fancy fingernails, but I didn’t have the right glue - so I used “superglue”.  I had worked all day that day, and so I was really tired and fell asleep, on my bed with an open bottle of superglue.  It fell over, and it rolled under my body- emptying out all over me and the bed.  My alarm went off, and I awoke to glued together fingers, along with being stuck to my bed.  It was not a pretty sight, and I ripped myself away from my clothes, and later on- carefully pried apart my glued together fingers.  That same evening I arrived before the minister, and got married wearing a wedding dress and white driving gloves, which hid my superglued messed up hands.  My wedding ring was put on over my glove.  Now, I am no longer married, and I wonder if being so deliriously in love (so much in love) that I completely ignore all of the “red flag” warning signs (again) would be good for me, or bad for me -  now that I'm older.